My second son was born premature. I was due February 19th 2012. I started having problems after September, when I miscarried Hudson's twin, Sawyer. I was admitted to the hospital in early November for contractions, and then discharged. On November 20th I was re-admitted where I stayed for the rest of my pregnancy. I was re-admitted for high blood pressure, and low fluids and was diagnosed then with Preeclampsia. I spent Thanksgiving in the hospital. I don't remember exactly when, but my water ruptured at the end of November and it thankfully sealed back up. I was started on antibiotics just in case and steroids for Hudson's lungs. On December 11th my water ruptured again, but thankfully sealed, a second time. I went in for a prenatal as well that day and was found to have very little fluid and my blood pressure was still high. I was then diagnosed with SEVERE preeclampsia. I was 30 weeks exactly when diagnosed. I was put on IV fluids and still had Antibiotics because of my water rupture and low fluids. On December 13th I felt very very sick. I didn't feel normal. I was having light cramps (contractions) and bleeding. My water ruptured early that morning and this time we knew it was indeed, broken. I was sent straight in for an amnio where I was told Hudson's lungs weren't exactly ready (30 weeks 2 days here!) but they were going to see if we could wait a little while longer and stop my labor. My water had indeed broken and I was given more antibiotics and a last round of steroid injections for Hudson's lungs. My fluid levels were okay, but still a little lower than they would like them to be. They hooked me up to contraction monitors and all these other things and around 1pm I felt my first strong contraction. They became more intense after that and more regular. I knew I wanted to go natural, but at this point, no one knew if I was actually going to have Hudson that night, or the next day or anytime soon, or if the contractions would stop and we could hold out until Christmas (32 weeks, which was originally the plan since we WERE doing so good!) After combinations of strong contraction medicines and high dosages, I was told that I was having my baby soon and there was nothing they could do to stop my labor. I contracted through the night and then at 4am things took a turn for the worst. My Blood Pressure started fluxuating (sp?), going up and down, and Hudson's heart rate dropped several times, too low for comfort. I was 7cm and my OB officially made the decision to deliver Hudson right now. No more waiting. I was in danger, Hudson was in danger, they had waited too long. I was wheeled to the OR where I quickly got my epidural. Minutes after getting the epidural I was being cut open and minutes after the cut was made, my baby boy was coming out gargling. His cord was wrapped around 2 times, tightly. A quick cut of the cord from his neck and he was screaming, pink and all. He was born at 5:16am and was 3lbs 2oz and 16 1/4 inches long. Although he was screaming, and like I said, pink, he was having a hard time breathing. They quickly intubated him and whisked him away to the NICU after I took a quick look. My husband joined him. About 2 hours after he was born, I was wheeled down to go see him and while I was there they had to take him away to put a Cpap machine in and thats when I had my first touch. About 4 hours after his birth he got his CPap taken off and a breathing tube put in, but was given a few minutes breathing on his own and he did great. He is now about to turn one in 13 days and is the light of our lives. He was in the NICU for 5 weeks exactly, and is such a trooped! He is now going to be a big brother, his baby sister is due in early April, but will most likely be induced at 34 weeks or 36 weeks considering they won't let me go past 36 weeks. Hudson is already walking, which he is getting good at! He's still working on running even though he's been walking since before Halloween!