MrsDedo wrote:some things that i found handy when i had my c-section were :
- Big thick pads (you will bleed alot)
- trousers and pants with high/loose waist band and soft material ( your skin will be so sensitive to rough materials like sunburn)
- definetely an extra pillow for on tummy when coughing and for propping you up
- extra blanket and fuzzy socks ( i was freezing cold when i woke up after surgery)
- some kind of cough syrup for all the phlegm stuck in your throat( i couldn't breathe because of it)
- wipes, sensitive soap for down there and a hand mirror to see down there and your scar without bending.
- yoghurts and things to snack on, when you get hungry your tummy aches more.
- small light handbag with a long strap with just wallet,keys,mobile in. ( make someone else carry the heavy stuff because you will not be able to carry a short strapped heavy purse.
- I would also add if your having a scheduled C-section to shower and remove any hair the night before because you will not be able to touch/shave/wax that area for a long time.
Thats just what i thought was useful personally.